Posted on 11/19/2021
Invisalign is one of the most popular treatments for orthodontics today. And while it remains to be a popular option for teens and adults, it can also work for children as well! Many orthodontists recommend that children start early orthodontic treatment at around 7 years old, and Invisalign can be a great option for children! If you’re a parent who is thinking of having their child start orthodontic treatment, Pedodontics, P.C. can help! Our doctors and staff are here to advise and guide you on what type of treatment plan will work for you and your child. If you’re interested in getting Invisalign for your child, here are 5 things you should know about Invisalign kids.
Emphasis 5 Things About Invisalign Kids
- Invisalign Can Work for Complex Cases– Invisalign can still work for complicated cases. If your child suffers from an aggressive bite or has really crooked teeth, Invisalign can still fix the problem! Before, Invisalign used to be for minor cases. Today, technology has advanced, so Invisalign can fix almost all concerns.
- They Must Chew– In order for Invisalign to work, your child must chew on what’s called “chewies”, or rubbery items for them to bite down on. It allows the trays to stick to the teeth more firmly. When a new Invisalign tray is placed about every 2 weeks, there is sometimes a gap between the teeth and aligners. The chewies allow the tray to be pushed onto the teeth more readily, allowing the teeth to move into the tray better. When they bite down on the chewies, this moves the teeth slightly in the desired direction, thereby increasing blood flow around the tooth.
- Easy to Clean Than Braces– With traditional metal braces, food can trap inside the brackets and wires. With Invisalign clear aligners, you don’t have that hassle. Because you can take out your aligners, your child can brush and floss normally.
- Eat Whatever They Want– Hard, crunchy, and sticky foods are still allowed! All the good stuff your child loves wouldn’t be allowed with metal braces. Because they can remove the trays when they eat, virtually nothing is off-limits.
- Keep Track If They’re Wearing Them– Each Invisalign aligner tray has these tiny blue compliance indicators on them. As your child wears the aligners, they begin to fade. You and your orthodontist will easily be able to tell if your child has been wearing their aligners as they should.
Emphasis Get Early Orthodontic Care at Pedodontics, P.C.
Invisalign is a great option for everyone of all ages, including kids! If you’re ready for your child to start orthodontic treatment, contact Pedodontics, P.C. today! Our doctors and staff are ready to help your family get started! If you have any questions/concerns, reach out to our Omaha, NE office. Our hardworking team will get back to you as soon as possible. We look forward to scheduling your child’s first appointment!